Valencia Honey Sauce:
- 1/2 cup organic honey
- 1 Tablespoon organic butter
- 2 Tablespoons organic heavy cream
- 1/2 Valencia orange zest, cut into 1/8” strips
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed Valencia orange juice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped organic peeled granny smith apple
- 1 cup organic blueberries, divided
- 1 cup organic raspberries, divided
- 1 Tablespoon organic honey
- 1/4 cup finely minced crystalized ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 thawed organic phyllo sheets, approximately 13” X 18”
- 3 Tablespoons melted organic butter
- 1/4 cup finely minced marcona almonds, divided
- 6 organic strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced, divided
- 1/4 cup Tarantas Organic Sparkling Rose′ Wine
- 1 Tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1 Valencia orange, juiced
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 scoops organic vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 375. In a saucepan over medium heat bring honey, butter and cream to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer; stir in orange zest and juice. Simmer an additional 5 minutes then set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine granny smith apple, half the blueberries and raspberries. Drizzle with honey; sprinkle with crystalized ginger, lemon zest and juice. Gently toss to combine. Set aside.
- Onto a damp kitchen towel, place two phyllo sheets on top of each other. Brush lightly with butter and then sprinkle with marcona almonds. Cut phyllo in half lengthwise to make 2 wide strips. In the lower left corner place 3 strawberry slices; top with about 1/4 cup of the fruit mixture; Fold the corner of the phyllo over to enclose the filling and form a triangle. Continue folding strip (like a flag), maintaining tight triangle shape. Put triangle, seam side down, on a large baking sheet and brush top with butter. Make 3 more triangles in the same manner. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- While the phyllo is baking, combine all the remaining berries in a bowl. In a measuring cup combine Tarantas Organic Sparkling Rose´Wine, orange juice, zest, brown sugar and almond extract. Mix well and pour over berries.
- Serve Triple Berry Empanadas with a scoop of ice cream. Drizzled with honey orange sauce and attractively garnished with orange zest and Rose′ Berries. 4 Servings.