- 1 sleeve (16) saltine crackers
- 1/4 pound smoked bacon
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1/4 cup fig preserves
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup Tarantas Monastrell
- juice from 1/2 fresh lemon
- pinch salt
- 1/4 cup mild goat or sheep cheese
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper.
- Cut bacon in half and wrap 1 piece of bacon around each individual cracker. Lay on prepared baking sheet, seam side down.
- Bake crackers for 30 minutes or until crackers are golden brown and bacon is crisp.
- Meanwhile: In a small sauce pan combine fig preserves, blueberries, Monastrell wine, rosemary sprig and pinch of salt. Cook over medium heat until the mixture is reduced by half. Remove from heat, jam will set up as it cools.
- Arrange baked crackers on serving plate with a bowl of Blueberry-Fig Jam and goat cheese.
- Serve immediately.